Sunday, June 8, 2014

boys weekend

Ryan and I had Carmen's boys for the weekend while she and Kelly took Zach to NYC for his HS grad trip. I was surprised that the boys wanted to come stay with us old boring adults.  But, they seemed excited about it.  It was an enjoyable weekend, after we got over one major hiccup on the second night they were with us.  They decided to take their skateboards and ride around the neighborhood.  I was on the front patio watering the plants, and about 60 seconds after they left I heard a bunch of commotion.  I didn't think anything of it at first, but then after about 15 seconds, my mama bear instinct kicked in, and I ran down the front stairs and down the street so fast, only to find Hyrum holding up Caleb like a crutch.  They were walking toward me, and Caleb's head was gushing blood.  It was a doozy.  Needless to say, it was 9:15 pm, we arrived at LDS ER at 10.   After three point five hours, one cat scan, and 8 stitches in the head, we arrived back home.  We all hit the sack about 2 am.  Caleb doesn't do anything small!  I am just SOOO grateful that he is OK.  That he has no brain injury, no long term or residual side effects, and that hopefully he learned a HUGE lesson about wearing a helmet... ALWAYS! 
The Doctor ordered one day of rest, with no activity at all.  So, that is what we did.  I drug them out grocery shopping with me on Friday, and they helped me with Dare so that I could get a few things done on my day off.  Dare loves those boys, and they were a lot of help with him.  I am sure they hated shopping with Auntie Hannie, but they were good sports about it.  We made up for it the next morning, and took them on a hike up Adams Canyon. 












1 comment:

Raenie said...

What an awesome Auntie you are! These boys have always been so lucky to have you so close to them and so involved in their lives. You are awesome!