Wednesday, June 4, 2014

grad

I am so proud of Zach.  Here he is on June 3, 2014 right after his High School Graduation from Corner Canyon HS in Draper.  He was a part of the very first graduating class from this brand new school.  Each of the graduates were given pendants that said "first class".  I thought the double meaning in that phrase was pretty clever, and very true.  He is first class, in the first class.  He has been through a lot in his short (almost) 18 years of life, and I am so very proud of him for sticking in there, and doing what it took to get that diploma.  Now, his life can begin.  And, he has his first "admission ticket" to the adult world, and on to more growth, wisdom, and endless possibility.   

I still cannot believe this day has arrived.  He gave my heart it's very first tug on the mama heart string. Even though I am not his mom, I am a mama bear.  And, I cannot believe this cub is so big and grown.  I'm not gonna lie, I shed a few tears while I watched this all go down. They were happy tears.  Sad tears.  Proud tears.  
I love my Zacho.