Monday, May 26, 2014

memorial day

Today started off with attending the annual  "Stan Crane Memorial" ICUP bike race up at the equestrian park in Draper.  
We cheered on Caleb, Hyrum, and Zach as they all 3 crossed the finish line in completion of another race in honor of their dad.  It has been a little over 8 years now since his passing, but he still lives strong in each of these amazing boys.  I wasn't able to get a photo of Zach (stubborn almost 18 year old...), but he promised one for next year.  And, he knows his Auntie H will not forget to cash in on the promise! ;)  Way to go to: My Caleb.  My Hyrum.  My Zach.  Because, no matter how old they get, to me they are my snuggles and my joy.  They were the first to tug at my mama heartstrings, and give me a taste of what being a protective mama bear is all about.  So, forever to me...they are mine.
 After the race we came home to do some chores.  Baby D lounged around on the back patio while his daddy did some finishing touches on the backyard fence masterpiece, and his mama painted the back door of the garage that leads to the patio.  The only thing missing in this pic is a nice cold brewskie... but that will have to wait a good long while for this little man! In the meantime, we will just enjoy all his loads of chubs, smiles, bright round blues, and new pearly white teeth!
And then, right before bedtime, a little tug of war between the 2 boys was a "must" to ensure optimal tiredness for optimal sleep time!  I only got one hour of shut eye last night (a bit of situational insomnia...not little d's fault) so anything to make sure there will not be any nighttime interruptions tonight is a good thing!
Another happy memorial day.  
And, memories were made.

No comments: