Sunday, May 11, 2014

mother's day 2014

On this Mother's day, I am so grateful that I can celebrate being a mama.  This past year has changed my life forever.  And I wouldn't trade the experience for anything....
even when he's ever so dirty and slimy and sticky

and his curiosity could be interpreted as a "naughty child playing with matches" 
"Don't worry mom, I didn't burn the house down....YET!"

 Or when his opinion gets the best of him... in a display of an outright one-year-old tantrum...over absolutely NOTHING!!
And, when he melts my heart by "helping" his daddy with my mother's day gift: a breakfast of veggie omelets and toast, and 2 new planter pots for the flowers!

On this day, I am aware of my abundance, and take none of it for granted, as I know as much as mine is full, there are many aching hearts out there all around me, wishing to be called "mommy", and desperately hoping and dreaming that it will be.  I was there for many years. I very much understand the void, the hurt, the pain, and the desperation.  And, because of that, I am even that much more grateful for the way in which our little man has mended my ache, and brought so much light and happiness into my life and my heart.  
So, tantrum it away little D.  Mommy will always love you. 

1 comment:

Raenie said...

Love it! Being a mom is the best thing in the world and it helps when you have such a chubby cute man to kiss all over everyday.