Sunday, May 11, 2014

m day part II

As long as we have lived in our home, Ryan and I have been on a mission to remedy this absolute abortion
 of a view from our back patio.  We have hoped and hoped that the owner of the ugly pink house would at least PAINT the pink away... but nothing has happened, and our vines and trees are not growing fast enough, tall enough, or dense enough to even make a barrier.  So, a few weeks ago I threw out the possibility of Ryan building a fence along the back.  I was pleasantly surprised that his notorious "NO" was not the first thing he let slip out his lips upon my suggestion.  He was actually very receptive to the idea, and jumped on the project!

BEFORE:


 DURING:

 (another of his great projects: his garden)
FINISHED: 
 His goal was to have it done by mother's day.  What a great husband and a dedicated hard worker!  I love him so much, in spite of his sometimes cantankerous ways, when it really matters and counts, he never lets me down.   He has been such a great helpmate and partner through the years, and it has been a really enjoyable journey this past year, experiencing parenthood right along his side.

Thanks Ry, for the fence.  For the one you built just for me, and figuratively speaking, for the one you have been helping me build in life ever since the day we met.  You have reminded me to "love, not hate",  to laugh a little more, and to be a better person by tempering my fire and "fencing it up" at times when things just don't really matter as much as they may seem to in the heat of moment.  I am happy that you helped me realize my dream of motherhood.