Sunday, October 23, 2011

unexpected wisdom

Ryan and I drove down to St. George this weekend to see his kids.  Earlier this summer he promised Jordan a golf weekend, just the two of them. So, true to his word, he booked the golf, I booked the hotel, and like a good team, we headed down south.  He and Jordan played on the golf courses, Taylor and I sunned ourselves at the pool. 
At least half of my sunbathing time was spent alone, as Tay had work and other things to do (like tending our dog... thanks sweets for doing that!).  Anyway, I brought a book along with me.  I had no idea how much I would learn.  How much I would love this book.  But, because of our quick escape from reality, I was able to, in my alone time, not only soak up some sun, but some really great words of wisdom as well.  If you have not read this book... read it.  For real.  It's a good one. 

In my next few posts, I will share some of my favorite gems from this little hard back. 

No comments: