Saturday, October 8, 2011

comfort food

Today I woke up early.  Earlier than I would wish to be awake on a day off.  It was cold.  Extra cold.  My tummy grumbled.  I was hungry... one of those days that even early in the morning hours, it felt like it was time for comfort food.  And to me, comfort food = crock pot. 
I dug in the freezer.  There was a turkey breast.  So, by 8:30 am, in the crock pot simmering on low I had: turkey, chopped onion, 3 chopped apples from our tree, a handful of chopped carrots, 1 chopped potato, and a can of cranberry whisked with an envelope of onion soup mix. 
At 5pm it tastes scrumptious.  It is especially comforting after yet ANOTHER painful Ute loss...

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Is that your own creation? I can taste all the flavors swishing around in my mouth.