Sunday, June 30, 2013

just in case

 
A couple weeks ago I was thinking about life saving measures, and how confident I would be to preform any of them if needs be.  I know that none of us want to be involved in an accident, or have something tragic happen to us or someone we love....BUT, the bottom line is: we just never know.
 
I think in light of recent happenings in my life: becoming a new mother, and loosing people I love, it has made me more aware of my lack of preparedness when it comes to first aid and CPR.   So, I contacted the local Red Cross and signed up for a course.  It included 8 lessons online that had to be completed with tests after each lesson.  Then the actual hands on 2 hour class was this past Friday morning.  The course taught all about first aid, choking, and adult, child, and infant CPR.  It was  really enlightening and informational. I recommend it to anyone who wants to brush up on their knowledge.  The last time I did anything like this was in High School, and things and procedures have changed quite a bit since then.  I hope I don't ever have to use any of what I learned, but if I do, I will be relieved that I took the time to learn.   

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Good for you! Alayna, Andrea, and Evan and Janae could benefit from this. I took a CPR course last year. Great idea and great advice. Layne and I were talking about coming up some Friday and bringing you lunch. Not this Friday, but let us know what would be good for you.