Thursday, September 1, 2011

novice garden

  Except for the apple, which is from our tree, Ryan grew these all for me.  And the tomatoes and peppers keep coming.  Everyday he brings more in from his little garden.  He is so proud, and therefore, so am I.  Earlier in the summer, I came home from work, and Ryan told me that he had a surprise for me.  He took me out back and up to the garden area (which we have allowed to mostly just be weeds) and he proudly showed me his small little veggie plants that he had planted.  And most were tomatoes.  (he hates tomatoes... like really bad!)  I was so happy because I knew he did it just for me.  It's the small things that remind me that he loves me.  

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Nice work, Farmer Bailey!

Karen T said...

There's just something to be said about having grown your own tomatoes! I have so many in our garden, I can't keep up!