Wednesday, October 21, 2009

thrift 4

This is my latest project. A coffee table. I am running out of space, but saw this and decided I could refinish it and then replace our little stools in front of the couch for something "new". I sprayed the gold to a hammered silverthen gave it a couple coats of stain, and then a matte finishing spray, and replaced the glass for wood that I stained to look like slate or concrete. It was all an experiment of creativity. Ryan loves it.
That's all that matters.
My man is happy.

3 comments:

Brett Bailey said...

Oh my goodness! It looks really cool. (And men love to eat in front of the TV; this looks much more functional too). Kathleen

Kathleen said...

I would never have pegged you for a "project" person. You are so creative and talented. Can you take an old lady and do the same thing?

The Patrona said...

PHew, for a minute it looked like a Wright Circle antique, but it's finished off quite nicely.