Sunday, June 14, 2009

all about steph

Ryan and I are so proud. That is why we went to Portland this past weekend. We received this little announcement in the mail of the much anticipated day (for years...) for Steph's graduation. So off to PDX we flew to celebrate with our great friend. Steph, you rock! We had so much fun in Portland with you! Thanks for giving us a reason (like we need one) to let our hair down (mine more than Ryan's: he thinks he is going bald; I think he is delusional) and play!
She met up with us Friday evening after she got off work at McMenamins. Shortly after Ryan got his butt kicked in 6 games of pool by our new friend Todd, we were off in her BRAND NEW MINI to our friend Ralph's restaurant: Yakuza. Isn't she so cute? And, so is her car! The dining experience did not disappoint. So good. we had to have the signature beet martini. yum. They had the windows all open in the front so we had an outdoor/indoor table. Oh, and bytheway: we had to travel to Portland to GET OUT of the rain. Yes, the weather was beautiful there, while all of Utah continued to get soaked. Saturday morning with just a quick walk from our hotel, we were off to the Rose Garden for the big celebration. Steph was one of 5,000 grads this year from PSU; 1900 of them walked on Saturday. There she is in the middle, can you see her?!!? Good day. Proud moment.
She did it!

4 comments:

melis said...

Way to go Steph! What a good friend you are Hannie, I am inspired. Love you BOTH! XOXO

The Patrona said...

Congratulations Steph! I'm so proud of you. Han, thanks for watching out for her. We all have come a long way since our BHSR days. Ill never forget the memories.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Han & Ry from the bottom of my heart for coming up for this! I cannot tell you how much it means to me to know that I have your support in all that I do. I am so blessed that you were there to share this with me. xoxo

Anonymous said...

And thanks Chal & Melis for the congratulations. It's been a long road... I miss you two - and just so you know, I DO check up on you every now and then (via blog) and its good to see that you are doing well. xoxoxo