Friday, December 5, 2008

festival of trees

I felt really guilty tonight as I wandered through the isles of the Festival of Trees this year. Guilty that the dominating thought kept creeping into my mind of: 'look at all that crap I would be boxing up, lifting, loading, unloading, carrying into homes, unboxing, setting up, and arranging in the new owners home on Sunday morning'... That is, if I would have worked the festival this year. But, not this go 'round. I do miss it in some respects, but man it can be a lot of work. It was kind of nice to just attend.

Point of this post? To acknowledge all the behind the scenes work that goes into the festival. I've had a small part of it for a few years in a row. Although rewarding, it is definitely a labor. A labor of love. So, thank you to any of you who may read this that have had or do have a part in ringing in the holiday season in our small valley through giving at the festival. Sad as it is to read the dedications to those who have past, it truly is a way to honor them and their imprints that have been made on so many lives. Merry Christmas!

No comments: