Sunday, August 24, 2008

wedding crashers...kendra style

A couple months ago my friend Kendra contacted me and told me that she wanted to throw a non-traditional birthday party for her husband Dan. The theme? Wedding Crashers. We were all instructed to wear wedding apparel. So, last night was the big shin dig up at the Cliff Lodge at Snowbird. We had a lot of fun preparing for the event, shopping on the Internet, sale racks, and our favorite, the local DI's. Chal and I both ended up wearing dresses from DI... I actually wore two. I started the night out in one, and ended in another. Although the men were definitely not as thrilled to play dress up, they were great sports, and if they are honest, they'll tell you they had a good time. It was entertaining, to say the least... Here are a few photos...
Disclaimer: for all you judgies out there, look no further unless you can open your minds and realize this was a COSTUME party. Love you Chal.
this isn't all of the girls, but some of us that were thereDan and Kendrasexy Kendra showing her stuffBrooklyn (the soon to be REAL bride), me, Chal our men: Christian, Ryan, Ben Thanks for coming Stacy and Jenny! I am sad that I don't have photos of Cory and Troy! They looked so good (especially Troy's orange tux!) Jenny, forward me some please you camera whore! change of wardrobe... my other DI gown. Thanks Gayle for altering it for me on such late notice! the bow is really great, huh?! Chal and Bennie Chal trying to kiss her little sis. Lucy would have nothing to do with a little smooch. Picture perfect My beauties And the night went on... here is Kendra and friends gracing us with their wonderful vocals. At some point Ryan was break dancing with Cory, (Cory PLEASE give him some lessons!) then he switched to cartwheels (lessons given to him by Jenny). We had a wonderful time. Thanks Kendra and Amber for putting on such a creative party! Who wants to plan next?

3 comments:

melis said...

Two dresses... you are so GLAMOROUS! ;)

The Patrona said...

More cream soda and hairspray please! So much fun!

Amy said...

I need tp hang out with these people! I need to go to creative parties... looks like such a great time!