Monday, April 23, 2018

mister five

It's almost unbelievable that our baby boy, who has been our biggest joy, is FIVE! He has grown up so much. I am in awe at his constant curiosity about everything, especially concerning topics that I  never honed into as a child at his same age. He is loved by all his friends, because he gives so much love to them. He doesn't see boundaries, or discriminate age or anything else. He has friends that are girls, friends that are anywhere from age 12 to age 2. And he loves all babies. He's curious about them, he loves on them, he wants to hold them, and he often asks why he doesn't have a baby sister or brother. He malls his favorite pup Bogey all the time. To the point that Bogey has recently taken up to mostly hiding from him, in fear that he's going to get a limb torn off, or lose his tail! Dare is into every sport. He plays and plays and plays. And begs and begs and begs for us to either play soccer, catch, throw ball so he can hit them with the baseball bat, play Frisbee... It never ends, and if I feel exhausted by it, I can only imagine what his old man feels!  We are excited for June 2nd when T ball finally starts! Dare is our everything, and to a fault, I'm sure...he knows this!!
His birthday celebration was a success! On Saturday the 21st we had a party, with the drum bum as the main event, a bounce house, digging for treasure in the sandbox, and lots of play time. We also had cake, sloppy Joe's made by Auntie T, lots of junk food, and Capri Suns!
His friends from preschool and the neighborhood... and Navy and Sis (Aislyn) attended. As well as Auntie Tara, Jaz and Colby, and grandma and papa Foutz.  
He was spoiled by many, and we are grateful for all the love and support we are so lucky to have in our village for him!!  
On his actual birthday, I was able to go to his school and spotlight him and take treats to his classmates and teachers. He felt very special, and that was a fun thing for me. It's so great to see him in that environment that he loves so much! After, Ryan and I surprised him by taking him to Chuckie Cheese. He was so excited to know that was where we were headed, and on the drive there he said "wait a sec! Chuckie Cheese is actually open on my birthday?! This day?!" I said yes!  He was so astounded because almost every time he begs to go (which has been a lot lately), I say each time "oh I'm sorry Bud!! They're closed today!" ...so far he's  believed me...hence his utter surprise when he realized they were open for his birthday!! What a nice thing for them to do!! Wink. Wink. 

No comments: