Monday, September 1, 2014

private design part II

***one of the biggest reasons I have been MIA most of July and all of August***

Transition usually proves to be a challenge in some ways to all.  As much as I would like to think that I can tackle anything, and do it with ease and stride, my latest big transition during the last 2 weeks of June and first week of July, humbled me on that level of thinking.
I was forced to make a location change for my salon studio due to the relocation of the old salon space that I was renting.  I was not interested in going the direction of my previous landlord, but was unsure as to where I needed to be.  As I am not one who believes in mistakes or coincidences,  when it was made known to me that Image Studios was opening up their fifth location in Midvale, I knew right away that it was a place that I needed to check into immediately.   I signed a 2 year lease and paid my deposit 24 hours after seeing my new studio. Even though it was still under construction, and hard to tell exactly what the finished product would look like, I knew it was my new place. 

Today I love the new space, and it has now become home, to me and my clientele.  I have had nothing but positive feedback from all who support my business.  My old place now just a memory.  A really good one. 

Having said that, none of this would be without my support system.  I humbled myself and begged for help.  Time was not on my side, and I had serious deadlines that I could not avoid.  
Ryan was SO much help.  I know I was a HUGE emotional pain in his behind.  And that states in kindly. ;)  He was so done with the project by the time it was complete.  But, even still, he hung in there with me.  
My mom sewed and modified fabrics for me, as well as tend Dare several times.  
My dad did amazing amounts of carpentry work for me, which was usually at a last minute frantic call, and even still he came running my way in his 'Papa's 46' Chevy! 
My sissie Mijken tended to Dare I don't even know how many hours and hours, and days and days.  She was so good to me and to him.  
Carmen did as well, and also came running to help me move all my stuff from old place to new, and she ran errand after errand for me.  Paint store, Ikea, Walmart, Paint store again, and who knows what else? She was so helpful.  
And, then Amanda, my sis in law.  She is an amazingly talented Interior Designer.  Without her help, and her race to me at a midnight hour plea, my space would not have the feel and the perfect layout that is has today.  She is a wonderful person, and was there for me every time I needed her, and within minutes. 
Then there were my 2 contractors, Carlos the painter and Carter the handyman.  Both came running right when I called and did perfect work for me.  
And, as much as she does not think she did anything to help, I would not be Private Design in a legal sense without the behind the scenes fervent work of my biff Chal.  Again, to a last minute frantic call, she helped me out immediately.  She registered me with Midvale city, Salt Lake Health and Sanitation, the IRS and Sales Tax Id, Dept of Commerce, and changed the business from LLC to sole proprietor. She claims it was all "no big deal"  "so easy".... but whatevs.  In the frazzled state of mind I was in during that time, spelling my name became a challenge. ;)  I love her for just dealing with my huge mountains that she sees as tiny molehills.

All in all, I am grateful.  For the help I had, and for the response of so many to my pleas of emergent help.  I love my circle.  I am lucky.
It is more finished than this, but this is an "almost complete" photo

These are the picture frames that I had my dad modify into polish shelves.  And, of course, they are all full now! 
 It's all official!

No comments: