Tuesday, February 25, 2014

growing

 Dare hanging out with his cousins.  Caleb, Hyrum, and Zach.  It is so crazy to me to realize how much time has gone by, and how quickly it has happened!  I feel like it was not very long ago that ALL 3 of these boys were the same age as Dare, and I was loving on them and snuggling them, and just eating up their chubs.  I loved loved loved them all from the very start, and I remember not ever being able to get enough of them.  And, now Auntie CC gets that same feeling for "her" Dare.  Now, I get how good it feels as a mom to have so many other people genuinely love your child.  I never understood at the time when I was CONSTANTLY (like as in almost every day) at Carmen and Stan's so I could be with the kids, how important that relationship was that I was building with those boys.  At the time, I just wanted my auntie loves. 



Dare was standing at the back door the other day just watching the birds and the waterfall.  I wonder what he was thinking?  I would like to say that he was thinking "winter winter please go away, make room for sunshine and warm so I can play"

 He grabbed one of my chocolate twizzlers from my hand and had it in his mouth before I could reach down and take it back.  I didn't even try to pry it out and back. I know better.  He sure has an opinion about me taking yummy treats away from him, and he is not afraid at all to express it.  I was tired that day, so I just let him choke it down and figure it out.  I hope he didn't share with Bogey. 
 He was "organizing" his toys in his playroom.  He has a lot to learn in the interior design department.  I guess I'll throw him a bone...he is only 10 months. 
Eating daddy's homemade spaghetti was amazing fun.  It was actually like the amazing race.  He couldn't scarf it down fast enough.  It was like he thought those noodles had legs and just might run away if he didn't hurry and gobble them up by the fist fulls.  Bogey waited patiently underneath and consequently was COVERED with sticky pieces of noodles.  I thought I had cleaned them all out of his hair, and like 2 days later when I was giving him a bath, as I was scrubbing his coat I found more dried up noodles.  I know this is only the beginning... ;)