Friday, January 10, 2014

never know


CloAnn.
You are my loyal friend. My confidant. The only person I have ever known who is truly non judgmental. I never, ever have felt anything but love and acceptance from you. For 13 years we have sat together consistently every 3 weeks, a few hours each visit, and although it's my work, it doesn't feel like work. We just share. We bond. We laugh and laugh. We talk. Any topic, any discussion...it's all fair game. I don't know my place, my job, my livelihood, and my circle of dearest clients and friends without you. You have always been there. So consistently. .....it doesn't seem possible that this is all now "what was". I'm so sad. Sad to lose someone so unique in so many ways. My life will be touched forever because of your imprint, which will remain a place in me where only you could ever touch.

They say in your faith that angels don't have wings....but in a sense I think they do, because they have ability to move and roam and exist with a freedom that you longed for so badly, but couldn't attain.

So, my dear friend CloAnn, you are an angel now. Free. You are better off with wings. Just promise you won't forget me, and that every once in awhile you'll let me know you're near. It seems so final to say goodbye, so I will just say "until our next visit". I love you.
-Hannie 

No comments: