Thursday, February 9, 2012

because i have cabin fever.... this is what i do

When I painted the master bath, I realized how much I did not like how badly not only the decorative strip of tile around the tub clashed with the new paint, but also the brown grout around all the tile.  So, I had an idea and I ran with it.  I painted the tile strip that didn't match, and I did a paint rub on every single line of grout... (time consuming, back breaking... but ALL worth it!)
here's before

here's after

before
after

finished!
and a close up of the newly transformed from brown to silvery gray grout



                                                   BASEMENT PROJECT... still in progress

So, I had this idea, asked Ryan if it would be ok with him, got his stamp of approval, and then I called Carter.  Carter is my new favorite handyman.  He is so efficient, and he knows how to do a lot of different things.  I wanted to have an L shaped desk built in our basement so I could have a work table, and also a little "nook" for our desktop computer and printer.  So, here is the progress as of now: 
I still want to put in office-like carpet, add more drawers underneath, and get a couple office chairs. 




3 comments:

Kathleen said...

YOU are my favorite new handyman. :)

Raenie said...

Geez, I can only imagine the time it took to paint all the grout lines. Hope you rocked out to some sweet tunes while you did that!

Raenie said...

Oh and BTW, it looks awesome :-)