Wednesday, January 20, 2010

long awaited moments

The ceremony setting. In the backyard of some friends of Kelly's parents. What would it be to wake to this sight each morning? .... I know: HEAVEN!
The Crane clan, before the ceremony. A father-son moment before it all starts. (I had to bribe Caleb with a promise of a treat after the ceremony, so long as he looked at the camera, smiled, and wore his lei) He was so good! One of Carmen's new little nieces. She was so cute in her little Hawaiian dress. Some of the guests (l-r): Candice Elton (Stan's sister), my mom, the bishop that married them, Kelly's dad, and Stan's parents: Fay Loy and Dennis. Carmen's friends: Michelle and her daughter, ChristineRyan and Hyrum watching the wavesI loved how they all did their own interpretation of the hang loose sign. Both Caleb's are the best! mom and dadCandice and Rich having a moment by the ocean. It was a bitter-sweet day for the Crane family. I love that they came to support and love Carmen and the boys, and I admire their deep convictions that they each hold onto about their brother and son. .... We all miss him. Caleb and Caleb and Hyrum. FINALLY! They were done with photos and allowed to strip down and have some fun in the ocean. Brad and Toni Pilling came from Canada. I know they wouldn't have missed this day for anything. They have been such a huge part of Carmen's life for so many years.
It was a beautiful day. A beautiful setting. A beautiful moment.
Congratulations to my sissy and my new bro Kelly.

1 comment:

Raenie said...

So beautiful! I'm so glad you posted this. I so wish I could have been there. I'm glad you were able to be there for her and represent :-)