Saturday, July 23, 2022

throwback to 9 years ago

Nine years ago little bird was welcomed by so many of us. We anxiously awaited the birth and the gender reveal in the room with Chal, while she championed the birthing process...no big thing... I found these photos the other day, and I love how they capture so much of the joy, love, pride, anticipation, and excitement of that moment. It's especially emotional to reflect back to that day... when Bennie was whole, healthy, and a proud new daddy to that little girl that he wanted SO much. His wish was realized that day, but who would have thought he'd only get almost 9 years of her, before cancer decided to intervene. My heart is full as I remember. And so so sad too. I know he's present with his little bird today, as we celebrate her 9th birthday. I think she knows it too, but I also know that behind the brave face she wears each day, theres's a little girl who's trying really hard to not show her heartbreak. I love her so much.

No comments: