Saturday, April 15, 2017

surgery

My April was lucky to include a major bone shortening surgery. 
It was precisely deemed "a left ulnar shortening"
Because of the deformity I was born with, my forearms being bowed (causing my childhood nickname "t-rex" to be perfectly fitting), the result of the bowed bone has been that my wrist joints are not in socket.  Over the many years doing what I do professionally has taken it toll on my left wrist.  I was in excruciating amounts of pain daily as I worked, using my left hand and wrist as a constant anchor in a grip position.  For over a year, I silently suffered, and endured what I thought was surely going to improve, and eventually subside.  But, with several visits to Dr. Huish, and his insights surrounding what exactly was causing such severe pain and discomfort, I finally gulped and swallowed, and decided to schedule the surgery. It truly was the only way to eliminate to pain. So, here I am, finally on the other side of this, with high expectations that Dr. H did deliver, and that his confidence in his craft will be nothing but complete success in the llong-term! 
 

And, PS.  I have a slight crush on my anesthesiologist!  He was amazing! His cocktail was perfect, with zero side effects or awful aftermath, and his eyes so sparkly and kind as he held my hand in pre-op, reassuring me that he would take good care of me, and give me "lots of good things".  Awe. What a  gem.

No comments: