Friday, January 29, 2016

old radio


My dad has had this radio for as long as I've been alive.  Or at least close to that long! I've always known of his "intention" to fix it and get it working, and hence the reason it moved to Ohio with us from Oregon, and then to Pittsburgh, then Boise, then Utah.  But, it always remained an intention unrealized, and a poor ugly, dirty thing at that! (and smelly)  A few weeks ago I asked my dad if I could have it.  I thought it would be a cool piece of furniture after a little DIY rehab.  He agreed.  I think he was really hoping I would not only aesthetically get it into shape, but electronically as well.  So sorry Dad!  I am not interested in the electronics. Just the look.  As usual, when I take it upon myself to rehab a seemingly ugly piece, the peanut gallery from my husband rolls into town, with plenty to say about the ridiculousness of the whole scenario....



I am pretty happy with the outcome.  I put a little light inside of it, so at night it glows from behind.  And, as always, Mr. Bailey is pleasantly surprised and enamored with the look.

No comments: