Tuesday, July 23, 2013

the reveal

July 23, 2013
 A long awaited day.  With not knowing the gender of this little baby of my biffy's, this moment was much anticipated. 
Me, Chal, Nikki

Chal needed a pedicure in the worst way.  It did not happen at the salon.  So, my supplies were packed, and I did what I could to remedy the crisis, prior to the arrival.  I got the base coat applied, and that was all.  She went from a 3 to a 9 in 25 minutes!  We thought we had all the time in the world...but not so much!

Here she is discussing her "birthing plan" with Dr. Merrill.  We LOVE those gals with BP's!

This is how it went:  first, lip gloss

then a few jokes,

then a little push, and a reach,

and IT"S A GIRL!!!!  As noted in this capture, there were a few moments of overwhelming joy and emotion.  I am surprised I even caught this moment, because I was pretty much bawling.

such a happy mama

Coco arrived a few minutes after the reveal.  This is her look of shock when told the gender.  Great moment!

7lbs 7 oz

Ben did not leave her side. 

Such a proud daddy.  He wanted a girl so badly.  I am so happy his wish was granted!

Dr. M being all official. 

Happy. Happy.

Sweet and calm.

proud daddy again

And,  I couldn't finish my day of joy without a photo op. 
Amazing.
Miracle.
Love.
and pride.
This is what makes EVERYTHING in life all OK. 
 
I love my Chal.  I love my new baby girl... with a thousand names to come.
The end.
But, not really.

No comments: