Saturday, September 22, 2012

cocoon

Baby Pic #2
Our baby looks like it's in a cocoon.  A lot like I have been feeling lately.  I surround myself with food (to prevent nausea), my comfy squishy blankets in my bed, clothes that don't squeeze my tummy, time with my husband, and my dear clients at work.   But out of all those, my favorite is my bed.  So, while my baby has been blissfully floating and forming these past almost 10 weeks, I have pretty much checked out of my normal life.  I sometimes wonder if I am becoming anti-social.  But, I know myself well enough.  It is situational.  Maybe in the next few weeks I will start to resurface. But, for now, if sacrificing my "normal" means healthy baby in the end, I'm good with it.

2 comments:

Lauren Ricci said...

I love being a homebody. Growing a baby is a lot of work and it takes a lot out of you! We are both go go go people so these babies are definitely teaching us both how to slow down. I can't believe you are almost into your second trimester! So exciting! By the way, I am pretty sure you will start feeling more sociable come week 12 or 13. Love ya Han!

Raenie said...

This is such a special time in your life. So weird to hear my busy busy sissy taking it easy and the word "anti-social" used to describe her. But I love your attitude and yes, you'll come out of it soon. I get so frustrated at times when I don't have my normal energy and then I remind myself, oh yeah I'm growing another person, it's gonna wear me out. Love you!!