Friday, May 4, 2012

speaker table

For my little reading nook, I wanted a side table that was just like a block of wood.  A cube.  As I searched high and low today, going to several stores and specialty furniture shops, I just wasn't finding what I wanted.  And, then when I did find what I wanted, it was $600 more than I was expecting to pay!  So, I had an idea.  Thrifting.  Weird.  I know.  So not my style. ;)  (I am kidding.  I love thrifting.  In order to not be "the same" as anyone else in high school, I purchased most my clothing at thrift stores... not so much anymore, but furniture is a different story)   I saw this old 70's speaker box, and it jumped out at me.  So, $14 later, and a coating of deep walnut spray paint, here is the result.

You can't even really tell what it is, and it works perfectly for what I was wanting.

Done.

I am almost finished with the rest of the TV room.  The new couch is in, and one of the chairs. The other chair should arrive in 1-2 weeks. Today I found the accent pillows at Ross and Big Lots. Score!   So, photos on the other side of the room coming soon!