Friday, December 2, 2011

dc destruction

When Ryan and I first met, the topic of where the most ideal place to live in Utah came up. 
As I am a mid-westerner, I didn't really have a strong opinion.  Coming from them-there parts, anywhere is fine, everyone is our friend; we like 'em all.   BUT, when I learned that HE, on the other hand, had a very strong opinion about geography in Utah, and where he would and would not like to reside... that stuck my Arien side, my ears perked up, and then I thought that I should have an opinion. So, since the business that I started in Utah, and the clientele I had, was in Sandy, I was all of a sudden a South Valley girl.  I was only going to reside, and establish myself there.  He swore to me that if I would just give the DC (Davis County) a chance, I would fall in love, and never want to leave.  I didn't believe him, but I was in love with him, so I trusted, and I followed....

Yesterday,
 while South Valley was asleep and oblivious, this is what happened in the DC:

First off, this is where, during the months of March-October, my husband resides:
and this is what 106 mph winds did to it:





and, then this is just a photo of the Centerville McDonald's sign that happened to make the national news... It was a CRAZY storm!!


Luckily, all is well on Oakleaf Lane... no destruction, no loss of power, no mess.
And, I have to admit that I really do love residing in the DC...

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Wow! That was one crazy storm! I'm glad it didn't affect Oakleaf Ln. :)

Raenie said...

Holy Moly!! That's some serious winds. I had heard that Utah got some crazy wind storm but didn't know where. Glad to hear you are safe!