Friday, February 19, 2010

bet

Anyone that knows a little about black jack and the royal match bet, knows that if your money is out and you are dealt this hand: IT PAYS.  10-1 to be exact. 

I usually have a nickel ($5) on it with every hand I play.  They say it is the sucker bet, but I love it.  It makes the game so much more interesting and exciting, and I enjoy the adreneline rush right before I turn my cards over to peek and see if I have won the match.  Because, even if it isn't the ROYAL, it could just be a match: 2 suited cards.  And 3-1 payment isn't bad either. 

It's all about chance/luck, risk, and guts. 
That's life too. 

I think about this time every year I feel stuck.  The weather gets to me and I get antsy.  Antsy to hit the refresh button, and start something new.  Sometimes new beginnings involve risk.  But, I have decided it's ok.  I may just hit the royal match. 

Now, I just need some sunshine to rejuvinate me a bit!

No comments: