Tuesday, December 22, 2009

a little neti

I have a sinus infection... It SUCKS! Especially because I have a job in which I am sitting inches from my client and I have no choice but to blow the snot monster out of my nose every five minutes while they sit there and enjoy. LOVELy... I heart that immensely. My husband thinks it's hot.... So do they. Anyway, one of my clients informed me of the Neti Pot. Apparently I am the only one that has not heard of it. BUT, just in case, here it is: I marched myself right on over to Walgreen's on Monday night after work and bought the store brand version of this little guy. By the time I arrived home with my purchase, I was so delirious and sick after 15 hours of work and 75 Kleenexes, I had Ryan read the directions to me and I tried it out. AND... IT WORKED wonders. I could breathe. I did it again this morning before work, and I hardly suffered all day. I still had the kleenex close by, but the pressure was gone. I am truly impressed. Moral?: if you have a sinus infection due to the lovely inversion, GET a Neti Pot! It is gross and amazing at the same time, but it all = feeling better, so who cares!!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm so sorry you are sick. Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

You will have to ask Steve about his experience with this...G.

Raenie said...

I have heard of these, but didn't know if they really worked...I'll keep it in mind if I ever get stuffed up.