Wednesday, April 1, 2009

just like that...gone

My amazing cousin Jeff, who lived his life for God, is gone. He was a youth pastor in Jackson, a wonderful husband and daddy, a friend to all, and an incredibly important part to a and loving family and extended family. Please send good thoughts and prayers to his wife Heidi, and adoreable kids Landrey and Dawson. Aunt Cris, Uncle Terry, Aaron, Cameron.... I love you guys. This REALLY sucks!
I love you Jeff. I never told you, but you are my favorite cousin... always have been.. I looked up to you so much, even during your crazy teenage years, I thought you were so cool. And, then as life has gone on, and both of us have changed so much, there has always just been this special connection that I have felt. A lot unspoken, but not all. You shared with me hope. You shared with me love. You shared with me compassion. You reached out to me in small ways during some of my most difficult times, and it was huge to me. You helped me want to believe when I didn't really want to. I didn't see you often, but knowing now that for this time you are gone, I ache. Say hi to Grandma Betty and Grandpa for me. To be able to see them again makes me jealous! Until it's my time... Thank you for your love.

1 comment:

Jenny and Troy said...

Hannie, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My heart goes out to his wife & kids & the rest of your family. What a tragedy.
Stay strong.